Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Saddleback's Civil Forum on Orphans & Adoption

My friend, Alex Murashko, is part of the social media ministry at our church, Saddleback Church in Lake Forest, CA. He ran into me on the patio area and asked me to tell him a little bit about why we came to the Civil Forum on Orphans & Adoption and what we hoped to get from going. Here is the video he captured.




It was a great event- informative and heart felt! Saddleback will be archiving it (hopefully later this week) on their Civil Forum site. If you missed it, I encourage you to check it out. Also, archived is the Civil Forum on Reconciliation. Paul Kagame, the president of Rwanda, talks about how the country's people continue to move forward in reconciliation since the 1994 genocide.
 http://saddlebackcivilforum.com/orphansandadoption/

4 comments:

  1. Very informative ... thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I live in OC, praying about where and when we should adopt and am excited to see a local mama here. Does Saddleback have ways for families to get involved? Bless you, Alida

    ReplyDelete
  3. BTW do you like the agency are you adopting with? I have yet met anyone who has adopted from Rwanda. I'd love to hear how it's gone for you. Alida w5

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ransomed-Redeemed.... check your email- I'm going to write you! I know other Rwanda adoptive families locally and LOVE Gladney! So excited for you :)

    ReplyDelete