Monday, March 15, 2010

Paper Chase... coming to a close?

We are coming to the end of our paperwork "lists". I'm waiting for a few more documents from other sources to come in, my husband to redo his livescan fingerprints (they sent them both to the same place instead of the 2 different places we wanted them to go), his DMV records and we have to do a few more pages of information for our agency regarding child preferences. We plan to hold off on the child preference forms a few more weeks- I think it will be near the end of what we need to turn in. We are still praying about some big decisions regarding preferences. We have been praying about adopting two children together (whew, I said it!). I'll write more about that later- if you are a person of prayer, perhaps you can pray with us about it. We also have to finish our required educational training. Each of our agencies are asking for different classes (covering basically the same materials). I'm trying to coordinate with both agencies and figure out what courses can transfer to the other agency so we don't have to do 22 hours of training! One agency requires 10 hours, the other 12 hours. Every course and certificate has a cost tied to it so we would prefer not to duplicate our material! After that's all done, the next adventure is our home study interviews and opening the document sitting on my desktop screen entitled: Rwanda Dossier Manual! That's the document we will compile and send to the Rwanda government once everything here is done. I feel good about where we are with everything. My husband says I'm starting to "nest" and it's true. I'm already thinking about how we can reorganize our house to make it better for more kids. I figure that will be a way to keep busy after we finish everything, send off the dossier and are just waiting for our referral. A referral is when you receive a child matched to your preferences... basically your future child's information.

3 comments:

  1. So good to hear you are getting there! We just found out that AWAA can now do the home study so I think for the sake of less confusion we are going to use them. Fun stuff. I will be praying for you guys and that the decision becomes clear as to what God wants you to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For sure go with AWAA if they can do the home study too! That is great news. And it seems more people adopting from Rwanda are going with them- at least from the blogs I read. Thanks for the prayers :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tristen! You all are moving quick through the paperwork! THat is so great. The classes do take sometime but are pretty basic. You can get through them pretty quick. At least we did. I will be praying with you.

    ReplyDelete